This is a favorite taken from TASTE OF HOME'S QUICK COOKING magazine March/April 2000 issue. I don't care much for tomato soup but this one is yummy!
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
* 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
* 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup, undiluted
* 1 1/2 cups milk
* 1 teaspoon sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
* 1/2 teaspoon paprika
* 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
1. In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in tomatoes, soup, milk, sugar, basil, paprika and garlic powder.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Stir in cream cheese until melted. Serve immediately.