I made this last night and Derek gave it two thumbs up!
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, thawed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups pasta sauce of your choice
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Beat egg and pour into shallow dish. Pour bread crumbs on a plate. Dip each chicken breast into the egg and then in the bread crumbs (coating the chicken breast).
- Melt butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add breaded chicken and cook on each side for three minutes.
- Pour pasta sauce over chicken breasts, cover, and turn heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove lid. Sprinkle mozzarella, parmesan, and parsley equally over chicken breasts. Cook until cheese is melted and chicken is cooked through, about another 5 minutes. Tops with additional parsley if desired.
- Green Salad
- Garlic Bread